If only I had brought my surfboard !


Secret beach 5 April 2013

We woke up to a view of the Atlantic waves rolling up the beach a few yards from us. The sun came out (no rain all day) and the waves sparkled excitedly. I longed to go in them, if only I had bought my surfboard! Well body board actually, because I can’t really surf.
The sunny spells got longer, but the wind was still quite vicious. A car load of surfers parked alongside us and two of them ventured briefly into the water. If only I had bought my surf board!
3pm and it was clearly as good as it was going to get today. Leaving my full drysuit in the bench cupboard, I decided to try shorts and a rash vest.
 I had in fact packed the body board,
it was light weight and there was a hiding place the right size. Amazing. The sea was probably a bit warmer than Polzeath in the summer. The shorts and rash vest were warm enough, partly because the excitement of the surf surpassed any thoughts of cold.  The waves were a bit haphazard and the sea floor undulating unpredictably so I came in after 40 mins. An unforgettable taste of the Atlantic in April.

No rain today; some sun, quite a lot really, and rather too much wind.

photos ...
No, Karen did not take any.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Start system Thermostarter

Fuel tank

Alternator upgrade