LED Light Bar

Wow that's bright.

It is actually very hard to chose ad LED light bar. The adverts exaggerate the power and the brightness figures are usually missing. On the bright side ha  ha ... the reviews are always pleased with how bright they are. It was tempting to get one the full width of the roof, but for me the unflated power levels were a turn off. A high current draw is bad for me and severely limits how much I could use on without the engine running. So I bought a 30" 198W bar from Wow LED on Ebay. I did not wnat curved ones and preferred post mounted rather than end mounted.

Wiing is not trivial. It needs a relay and a cable from the battery feed at 30Amp (actually even a 10 Amp fuse was fine - so much for 198 Watts). Wires to the roof, but a switch inside. Not rocket science, and eventually completed. I went for mounting on the cab roof. I had considered the bumper. Low is supposed to be better for snow and bad weather, but mounting on the bumper would make it more vulnerable. However in bad weather I'd prefer to to drive anyway.

The verdict:
1) looks good
2) It is bright
3) The flood lighting is amazing,very good coverage of the verges right up close.
4) Spot light, needs more investigation and possible angle adjustment.
5) generally, very pleased.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold Start system Thermostarter

Fuel tank

Alternator upgrade